OMIC helps support innovation in companies through a wide range of activities from consultancy, through short feasibility studies, major collaborative R&D projects and PhD projects.
Principle areas of expertise include:
- Complex Fluids - colloids, direct write formulations, polymer solutions
- Organic Electronics - conjugated oligomers and polymers, organic and hybrid dielectrics, organic semiconductor processing, devices e.g. OFETs, solar cells and sensors
- Biomaterials - polymer systems for drug delivery, implants, regenerative medicine
- High Performance Materials - nanocomposites, polymers of intrinsic microporosity, polymeric sensors, fire retardancy, medical and other technical textiles, smart packaging
The scientific programme is underpinned by technical expertise in the following areas:
- Synthesis - small molecules, polymers, controlled polymerisation
- Measurement - molecular, polymer, imaging (SEM,TEM, AFM, drop shape), thermal, mechanical, surface properties, rheology
- High Throughput Methodology - synthesis, characterisation and measurement.
- Digital printing with a particular focus on high resolution (<20 micron) ink deposition.